Take a look at the following 15 looks to stir your creative juices. Enjoy!
1. Simple Medium Box Braids
Box braids can’t get any easier than this. The middle part with medium box braids makes this look conventional. It is, however, its refined and elegant feel that makes it so appealing and delightful to the eye. It’s ideal for beginners in the braiding realm, and it also works as an office-appropriate style. One of the most popular hairstyles for black women is the box braid.
2. Knotless box braids Rihanna
Rihanna never fails to impress, and her waist-length box braids are no exception. Rihanna didn’t care if she was three hours late for her Fenty x Webster pop-up in New York because she looked like this. The famously tardy star, whose agreement with LVMH earned her the world’s wealthiest female musician, presented a new do that sent paparazzi into a Fenty frenzy. Ri Ri’s waist-length box braids and ruching satin pink minidress are the talk of the town.
3. Beautiful Box Braids Hairstyle
This is another hairstyle with box braids that expresses elegance and class. This braid arrangement is popular among ladies and celebrities alike. You won’t have to be concerned about your hairstyle anymore because you’ll always be prepared with your level A hair game, whether it’s for work, a party, or an after-party.
4. Long Bob With Box Braids
Long bob’s popularity fails to die. What would happen if someone was to add box braids to the all-time favorite hairstyle? It will become even more popular and look chic. A case in point is this particular long bob with large box braids. Add some golden cuffs to seal the ends and some more in between to accessorize, and voila, you get knockout hair.
5. Knotless Box Braids
The popularity of the long bob continues to grow. What would happen if box braids were added to an all-time favorite hairstyle? It will grow in popularity and become more fashionable. This long bob with big box braids is a perfect example. Add some golden cuffs to the ends to seal them in and some more in between to decorate, and you’ve got yourself some stunning hair.
6. Crochet Box Braids In Burgundy
Don’t be concerned if you don’t want to use a lot of color on your natural hair. With a splash of color, your box braids may still be intriguing. How? Crochet some box braids. Hair extensions are used in these braids, and you can choose whatever color you want. Prepare to have a lot of fun with colors ranging from brilliant pink to ashen white or simply plain old crimson like this one.
7. Crochet Box Braids with Jewelry accessories
The right accessories can make a significant difference. This collection of box braids is an excellent illustration of how to do it. This hairstyle was previously just plain enormous boxed braids, but with the inclusion of golden thread and golden cuffs, it was raised to the rank of the beautiful Egyptian queen Cleopatra.
8. Crochet Box Braids With Triangles
Box braids are a lot of fun. You have complete freedom in terms of length and color. On top of that, there’s room for imagination in your head. This is a perfect example of crochet triangle box braids. This refers to part the hair into a triangle for braiding. This may appear to be a simple task, but it is not. While you’re sitting in your chair skimming through Instagram, inquire about your stylists who have to be so meticulous.
9. Short Boho Chic Small Box Braids
Have you heard about short hair and don’t mind it? Now is the time to declare that long hair is unimportant. Why? Take a look at this gorgeous green set of tiny box braids. We adore how the braids are arranged into a loose half-bun for a casual boho-chic.
10. Stylish Goddess Box Braids
Crochet box braids and bohemian braids are both ideals for this hairstyle. The blonde extensions stand out against the black roots and are very stunning. This colorful set of Bohemian box braids has a captivating quality that we can’t take our gaze away from. We’re confident you can’t either.
11. Pink Box Braids
Box braids are one of the most popular hairstyles, and pink is the season’s color. Combine the two, and you will get a cute and stylish hairdo. This set of medium box braids crocheted with pink-colored extensions is a case in point. The pink color brings out the beauty of the box braids and adds an oomph factor to the whole look.
12. Beautiful Jumbo Box Braids
Jumbo box braids are a unique concept by themselves. Take a look at this haircut. The box braids are a little thicker than usual. As a result, the name. They are the most significant box braids on the market and are appealing. They have a lovely appearance, are visually pleasing, and are simple.
13. Classy Braided Bob
Bob is one of those hairstyles that never go out of style. It’s been here for a long time and isn’t going anywhere. And now comes in a variety of forms. Take a look at this one, for example. This is a medium box braided bob. Who says only long, flowing box braids are attractive? This braided bob will make you reconsider your thoughts on box braids. The chestnut brown color is also one of our favorites.
14. Lupita Nyong’o Box Braids
Lupita Nyong’o has made headlines not only for her acting abilities but also for her exquisite style. Everything about her is stunning, from her outfits to her hairstyles. And we’re fascinated with Lupita Nyong’o’s haircut. She’s wearing tiny box braids in style we’ve never seen before. Her box braids are done in a chaotic but well-organized manner, which appeals to me. It appears to be edgy.
15. Red box braids
These substantial box braids get a new lease on life thanks to red hair with dark roots that add depth. If you’re not already a redhead, have your hairdresser tuck your hair in so that your ends don’t show. The combination of red box braids with red brows is a powerful one. Another example of dark roots and length, this time with tiny braids, gives a brilliant red look depth. Because these braids are thinner, they may easily be pulled up into a ponytail; keep an eye on your sides – wearing hair up too much will cause strain.
Learn How To Do Your Gorgeous Box Braids In 8 Easy Steps
Have you recently developed an interest in box braids? Do you want to be the first to wear this new trend? Then stick around as we show you the most popular box braids hairstyles.
Box braids are only one of several trendy hairstyles that Africa exports to the rest of the world. These braids have square box shapes, hence the name, and are comfortable and elegant and serve to protect the hair. These stunning hairstyles, such as gigantic box braids and bohemian box braids, are nothing short of works of art. These aren’t the same as lemonade braids. To get ideas, look at our box braids gallery, which features 15 of the most popular box braided hairstyles.
Box Braids Step By Step Process
You will need a gel, comb, and Braiding Hair. Do the following;
- Wash your hair as usual with shampoo and conditioner. You’ll want to keep your hair hydrated; hair conditioner is more vital because box braids are more permanent. The good news is that you can wash your braids after they’re in place, but for now, make sure you wash your hair well.
- Take your dry hair and divide it into four sections. The challenging phase is about to begin. Make sure your hair is in four even and straight squares for each region. It will be much easier to perfect this style if your hair is in quarters. Find clips and use them to hold each portion of your hair once you’ve sectioned it off.
- Part your hair in the first portion with a tiny part. You’ll be able to complete the next stage with a modest amount of hair (like a pinch of hair). Ascertain that all of your components are roughly the same size.
- It’s now time to braid or plait your hair, starting at the first pinch. Take the three parts of hair (from the bit) and cross the left section under the middle section after you’ve finished. After that, braid the correct area by tucking it beneath the middle section.
- Continue braiding from the top to the bottom of the whole section (or root to tip). To keep your braid from falling out, secure your hair with a bit of a rubber band. Also, if at all possible, avoid wearing a band because bands can harm your hair if you’re not careful.
- Now, it’s time to separate the first piece of your hair into two parts. Make sure that all of your components are even and straight. They should resemble discrete, little boxes.
- You can move to the next section once that segment is finished. By the time you’re done, you should have your entire head of hair in tiny box braids.
- You should have roughly 100 or more box braids once you’ve finished braiding every part of the hair where your box braids will go! Box braids will occur from each small amount, and if you want the braids to be even smaller, make your part even smaller as you braid. Keep in mind that this procedure might take hours, so if you have a friend or a professional who understands how to weave swiftly, they might be able to assist you in getting this look done in no time.
- Make sure your braids aren’t too tight. You don’t want to lose any of your hair or cause any damage to it. As a result, style it firmly but not too firmly.
- Another idea is to cover your hair with a silk scarf while braiding or even after the look is complete to keep your hairstyle extra neat!
- Enjoy a hairstyle that looks gorgeous without rubber bands on the ends, but if you prefer to have them in your hair, you can obtain the bars from a beauty store.
- Have pleasure while braiding your box braids, and if you decide to attempt this style, tweet us a photo!
Closing Remarks On Box Braid Looks
Box braids are a classic protective style. That isn’t to say you can’t give a tried-and-true hairstyle a makeover. Box braids let you play around with length and color without making a long-term commitment.
This trendy teen haircut can last up to a month. It all boils down to the quality of the gel you use. The primary idea is to comb your hair and create a good amount of tension. This technique is 100% hair-safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are box braids?
As the name implies, Box braids are braids with box-like hair divisions and are a popular component of African culture.
How much time does it take to make box braids?
The length of time it takes depends on your stylist and the style you want. However, the process takes an average of 4 to 8 hours to finish.
Are box braids bad for hair?
Box braids are a hairstyle that protects the hair from regular wear and tear and other environmental stressors. Overly tight braids, on the other hand, might cause hair breakage. Braids should not irritate or tug at your scalp and should not be painful.
Which is the best gel for box braids?
Box braids require water-based gel because it holds and shines better without making them look stiff.